NE states including Arunachal & Tripura hit by Cyclone Bulbul, light rain elsewhere
By Thenortheasttoday 12-Nov-2019
- Cyclone Bulbul had an adverse impact on most of the Northeastern states on Sunday. States including Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura received heavy rainfall.
- While, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura received light to moderate rainfall on Sunday, while only Agartala experienced rainfall of 24 mm from 8:30 am on Sunday. Kailashahar in Tripura recorded light rain of 9 mm,followed by Lengpui in Mizoram, which also received 9 mm rainfall, and Silchar in south Assam recorded 6 mm rainfall.
- Rainfall triggered landslides on the national highway near Kumarghat in Unokoti district in Tripura, disrupting movement of vehicles in the morning. Hundreds of trucks and some passenger vehicles were left stranded till the afternoon.
- Sources in the Regional Meteorological Centre (RMC) of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said from Monday the weather conditions will improve in the northeast, as ‘Bulbul’ weakened into a deep depression.
- An evening weather bulletin by the IMD at 5.30 pm said ‘Bulbul’ had moved had moved east-northeastwards at a speed of 8 kmph in the past six hours, weakened into a deep depression over the same area and lay centred at 2.30 pm on Sunday over coastal Bangladesh and the neighbourhood.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know