New Assam NRC Coordinator appointed
By Thehindu 10-Nov-2019
- Assam Civil Service officer Hitesh Dev Sarma has been appointed as the new State Coordinator for the National Register of Citizens (NRC).
- He has replaced Prateek Hajela, an IAS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre who ensured publication of the final version of register on August 31 under supervision of the Supreme Court.
- Mr. Hajela was transferred to his home State Madhya Pradesh by the Supreme Court on October 18. He will relinquish charge as the NRC State Coordinator on November 11.
- Following the apex court’s order, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has already approved the proposal of the Department of Personnel and Training for inter-cadre deputation of Mr.
- Hajela from the Assam-Meghalaya cadre to Madhya Pradesh cadre for three years, official sources said.
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know