Andhra govt empowers secretaries to sue media, issues controversial order
By News Minute 31-Oct-2019
- The Andhra Pradesh government issued an order, authorising bureaucrats to sue media houses for 'defamatory, baseless and false' reports.
- "The government hereby accords permission to delegate powers to the secretaries of respective departments to issue rejoinders, file complaints and lodge appropriate cases" reads the Government Order.
- It was on October 16 that the state cabinet decided to empower secretaries.
- The move evoked protest from journalists' unions, civil society organisations and opposition parties.
- The ruling party clarified that it has only decentralised the powers hitherto vested with the Commissioner of Information and Public Relations.
ALSO READ: CM Jagan Reddy cancels deputations in medical department
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know