Manipuri women demand protection of state’s territorial integrity
By Hindustantimes 25-Oct-2019
- Women vendors of Imphal’s iconic Ima Keithels (Mothers’ markets) took out a rally to highlight the need to safeguard the state’s interests and territory.
- The demands Naga rebel groups including the NSCN (IM) seeking more autonomy and integration of Naga inhabited areas has been a cause concern among the people of Manipur.
- The ‘Public alert rally on Peace Talks’ had aimed to move towards the Raj Bhavan and the Chief Minister’s secretariat to submit memorandum.
- But police stopped them before they could reach their destinations.
- The rally which began at 10 am and the subsequent sit-in paralyzed the normal business of the markets for nearly three hours.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know