Congress does well, gives BJP severe jolt
By Freepressjournal 25-Oct-2019
- The Congress pulled off a surprise upset in Gujarat when it bagged three of the six Assembly seats whose by-election results were announced on Thursday.
- The icing on the cake was the sweet revenge when the two Congress turncoats, Alpesh Thakore and Dhavalsinh Zala, seeking to return on BJP tickets were defeated.
- Four out of the six seats were with BJP which had to be vacated by the incumbents after they had won in Lok Sabha elections while the Congress MLAs from Radhanpur and Bayad Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Jhala had joined BJP, necessitating the bye-elections.
- While Congress candidate Jashu Patel defeated Dhavalsinh Zala in Bayad seat of Arvalli district by a margin of over 700 votes.
- Zala accepted defeat and left the counting centre even before the final results.
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know