Odisha govt gives control of Govardhan Math to Puri’s Shankaracharya
By Hindustantimes 07-Dec-2019
- The Odisha government late Monday evening decided to hand over the control of the Govardhan Math to Puri’s Shankaracharya Swami Nischalananda Saraswati.
- “The state cabinet which met in the evening passed a proposal to exclude the Govardhan Matt from the Act considering the pre-eminence and unique place occupied by the Shankaracharya among Hindu religious institutions of State.
- The resolution said an amendment in the Act will be made soon for better upkeep of the religious pre-eminence chief secretary Asit Tripathy said.
- Saraswati was not available for comment on the State government’s decision.
- The government control over 16000 temples and 450 Mutts in the state
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know