City Beautiful’s heritage rakes in crores abroad
By Thetribune 21-Oct-2019
- A rare demountable minister’s desk, designed for the Punjab and Haryana High Court and the Secretariat building in the city, has been sold for a record Rs 1.27 crore at an auction held by an auction house, Phillips, in London.
- Sources said the amount, fetched at the auction held recently, was the highest for any single heritage item.
- Two other items of heritage furniture fetched over Rs 1.50 crore.
- Phillips had put up three items for sale on October 17 and these received an overwhelming response at the auction.
- The minister’s desk was designed during 1955-1959 and was made of teak-veneered wood.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know