Holidays like TN govt's order for Kalam's death not applicable to pvt sector: Madras HC
By News Minute 19-Oct-2019
- Madras HC said that a holiday declared by the government under the Negotiable Instruments Act will not be directly applicable for private entities covered under the Factories Act.
- The employees who did not turn up for work on such holidays will not be entitled to wages for that particular day, the HC said.
- The petitioner declined the union’s request but offered an alternate in which if the workmen of the second shift and third shift agreed to work on August 8.
- They further stated that the employees did not have the rights to have filed a claim petition under Section 33C(2) of the Industrial Disputes Act.
- The case dates back to former president APJ Abdul Kalam’s demise on July 27, 2015 following which the state government had declared July 30, 2015, as a public holiday under the NI Act.
ALSO READ: Andhra govt releases Rs 265 cr for AgriGold scam victims as promised
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know