Poverty levels in Odisha dipped by 25% in 20 years: Naveen Patnaik
By Moneycontrol 18-Oct-2019
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has claimed that poverty levels in the state have dropped by 25 per cent over the past 20 years, precisely the period he has been ruling the state.
- He said the state government reaffirms its commitment to intensify efforts in building an inclusive society.
- "Odisha's transformative initiatives and policies have resulted in the sharpest drop in poverty, about 25 per cent, bringing millions out of poverty in last two decades," the chief minister said.
- He was speaking on the occasion of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty on Thursday.
- Odisha Governor Ganeshi Lal, while addressing the inaugural session of the 16th Assembly in June, had said that the state government would work towards bringing down poverty levels to less than five per cent.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know