Andhra govt moves HC against Centre over ongoing row on Power Purchase Agreements
By The News Minute 16-Oct-2019
- The AP government moved the HC over the orders of the Union Power Ministry, which asked the state to open the Letters of Credit (LCs) for purchase of power.
- The Centre said that the LCs had to be opened, to ensure timely payments to the power companies.
- A lunch motion petition was filed in the High Court by the power distribution companies (DISCOMS) of Andhra Pradesh.
- They claimed that it was not possible to issue LCs, as they were undergoing a financial crisis.
- Following this, the court said that it was keeping the power ministry’s orders in abeyance for a period of three weeks and posted the case to November 5 for further hearing.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know