From Manmohan to Modi, government has been working to kill RTI Act
By ThePrint 16-Oct-2019
- Amit Shah asserted last week that Indian citizens do not feel the need to file applications under the RTI Act because Modi government has set high standards in transparency,
- No government wants something as “silly” as transparency to come in the way of making it more accountable.
- Since 12 October 2005, when the RTI Act began to be implemented, successive governments have used every trick in the book to make it toothless and weaken its provisions.
Also Read: Probe Agency questioned P Chidambaram at Tihar Jail
- The Central and state governments did everything to keep information out of the public domain.
- The higher judiciary, which used to be at the forefront of transparency movement, is also maintaining a studied silence.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know