Centre to release 5 Punjab Police personnel serving sentences for offences committed during militancy period
By Dna 15-Oct-2019
- The Central government on Monday accepted the request of Congress-led Punjab government for grant of special remission and release of five Punjab Police personnel undergoing sentence in different jails in the state.
- "The decision has been approved by the Central government on "humanitarian and compassionate considerations," said the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- "A communication to this effect was sent today to the State Government of Punjab for taking necessary action," said the Central government.
- the Central government had decided to grant a special exemption to nine Sikh prisoners, who were convicted by various courts during militancy in Punjab, according to sources in the Home Ministry.
- The government decided to commute the death sentence to life imprisonment, and in another eight cases
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know