BJP, Congress Battle In Phagwara Assembly Bypoll
By Ndtv 13-Oct-2019
- The Phagwara reserved assembly constituency is all set to witness an intense election battle between the Congress and the BJP on October 21.
- In the 14 elections between 1957 and 2017, the Congress has won eight times, while the BJP emerged victorious on four occasions.
- The bypoll was necessitated after the resignation of BJP MLA Som Parkash, who was elected to the Lok Sabha in the 2019 general elections.
- In a setback to the BJP, however, six of its councillors and several other senior leaders had joined the Congress recently.
- The Congress is putting up a united show after all its factions buried their hatchet following intervention from party leaders and announced the candidature of bureaucrat-turned-politician Balwinder Singh Dhaliwal from the seat on September 23.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know