Ahead of Bijepur bypoll, BJP, Congress faces factional feuds
By Indianexpress 12-Oct-2019
- With the bypolls to the Bijepur Assembly seat in Odisha around the corner, the BJP and Congress are staring at open factional fights among party leaders.
- The bypoll was necessitated as Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who won from two constituencies in the April Assembly polls, decided to vacate Bijepur and retain his Hinjili seat.
- A Congress bastion till 2018, BJD won the seat after the death of then MLA Subal Sahu.
- BJP has said that the voters of Bijepur will punish BJD for Naveen’s vacating the seat.
- The BJD fielded Subal’s wife Rita Sahu as its candidate, and she defeated BJP’s Ashok Panigrahi.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know