Ahead of Bijepur bypoll, BJP, Congress faces factional feuds
The Indian Express
Also Read: Naveen has betrayed people of Bijepur: BJP
- With the bypolls to the Bijepur Assembly seat in Odisha around the corner, the BJP and Congress are staring at open factional fights among party leaders.
- The bypoll was necessitated as Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who won from two constituencies in the April Assembly polls, decided to vacate Bijepur and retain his Hinjili seat.
- A Congress bastion till 2018, BJD won the seat after the death of then MLA Subal Sahu.
- BJP has said that the voters of Bijepur will punish BJD for Naveen’s vacating the seat.
- The BJD fielded Subal’s wife Rita Sahu as its candidate, and she defeated BJP’s Ashok Panigrahi.