Goa told to shore up GST collection
By Navhindtimes 12-Oct-2019
- The central government on Friday directed the states, including Goa, to enforce measures for shoring up goods and service tax collection, which has been on the decline all over the country.
- The principal adviser to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet Secretary and Union revenue secretary held interaction with Chief Secretaries/additional chief secretaries/principal secretaries/finance secretaries of the states and Union territories through video-conferencing on Friday, reviewing the status of revenue collection and various issues impinging upon it.
- The states have also been asked to enforce measures to plug any leakages so as to increase tax collections.
- Goa is facing a 26 per cent deficit in GST collection, GST collection has dropped below Rs 1 lakh-crore mark to Rs 91,916 crore for September, 2019 in the country.
- The revenue during September, 2019 has declined by 2.67 per cent in comparison to the revenue during September 2018.
Casino vessels to remain in Mandovi river until policy formulated: Michael
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know