Ravi Shankar Prasad questions SC for retaining collegium system
By ThePrint 12-Oct-2019
- Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has expressed strong reservations against the Supreme Court collegium system.
- He also opposed the striking down of the government’s proposal to set up a NJAC to appoint judges to the higher judiciary.
- A five-judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court had, in 2015, struck down the NJAC proposal passed by Parliament as “unconstitutional”.
Also Read: Desperate to move fast and break things, Modi acts first and thinks later
- He said, “We have serious objections to the reasoning given by the Supreme Court.”
- Prasad emphasised that there was no need for a new Constitution, but there was a need for introspection.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know