Casino vessels to remain in Mandovi river until policy formulated: Michael
By Navhind 11-Oct-2019
- Casino vessels will remain in river Mandovi till the government comes out with a casino policy after which the government will decide whether the casino vessels should be shifted to Mopa or any other place.
- Lobo said that the government cannot disturb any business overnight, which is legal and that the casino business has been established in Goa and they have already invested in it.
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant that the casino policy has to be in place. In my opinion, it should come out in the next six months, while the government has given an extension to offshore casino vessels to operate in river Mandovi.
- Lobo pointed out that “when we say offshore casinos should be shifted to Mopa Planning and Development Authority jurisdiction, it would not be viable to shift them when an airport is not ready.”
- Lobo also said that one place has been identified for shifting one offshore casino vessel, which has agreed to move to another side of the river Mandovi and a feasibility report about the same is awaited.
Also read: Goa government to slash traffic fines under amended MV Act
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know