Goa government to slash traffic fines under amended MV Act
By TOI 11-Oct-2019
- Goa government is likely to reduce the penalties for certain traffic violations, slashing some of the steep traffic fines introduced by the Centre under the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019.
- Mauvin Godinho said We don’t intend to trouble our people by imposing very high fines.
- There are some fines that we cannot reduce. It is mandated by the Central government that those fines remain the same.
- Transport minister Godinho said we will follow some states that have done it, like Gujarat, and Maharashtra and take a decision after comparing their fines.
- Godinho had earlier announced that the government will first repair the pothole-ridden roads in Goa before implementing the act in the state and charging steep fines.
Also read: Congress demands Govt releases white paper on IFFI
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know