Delhi MLAs Have Becomes Less Accessible: Claims Report
- According to a report released by an NGO, the accessibility of Delhi MLAs to the people has declined to 49.20 % in 2019 from 64 % in 2016.
- The report by Praja Foundation also claimed that attendance of MLAs in the Delhi assembly has fallen from 92.4 % in 2016 to 80.30 % in 2019.
- The Delhi assembly has 66 MLAs of the AAP and four legislators of the BJP.
Also Read: BJP MLA Vijender Gupta Gets Bail in 2018 Defamation Case
- It also said that 33 of 60 MLAs ranked for performance have a criminal record as of December 31, 2018.
- The report was based on RTI applications filed over the year and a survey of 27,121 people of Delhi.