Minister: No more than 400 eligible for release
By Thetribune 10-Oct-2019
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh’s announcement to free 550 prisoners to mark the 550th Parkash Purb celebrations of Guru Nanak this November has put the state Prison Department in a tizzy as there aren’t enough eligible prisoners for special remission.
- Despite calculating the best possible remission of up to one year as a special case, the department could find only 350 eligible prisoners. Usually, remission of up to six months is given.
- The Chief Minister had, on September 28, announced that the government would release 550 prisoners by mid-November.
- As per officials of the Prisons Department, it would be impossible to reach the figure of 550 in a month.
- The department has already explained the situation to the government in a detailed note.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know