Kamal Nath government's move to hold indirect mayoral poll in MP hits a roadblock
By Indian Express 08-Oct-2019
- The Kamal Nath-led Congress government’s move to turn the mayoral polls in the state into an indirect election has hit a roadblock.
- In the indirect manner municipal councillors and not citizens elect the mayor.
- Since the state cabinet cleared an ordinance to make the mayor’s elections an indirect election, the state’s Governor Lalji Tandon is yet to sign the ordinance.
- According to the sources, the Raj Bhawan has asked the Congress government to first address the objections raised against making the mayor’s elections indirect.
- The Governor, though, has made it clear that consent to the ordinance won’t be given till memorandums against the government move are addressed.
यह भी पढ़े : महापौर और नगर पालिका अध्यक्ष के अप्रत्यक्ष चुनाव को राज्यपाल की मंजूरी का इंतज़ार
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know