Assam will observe Dry Day on account of 571st birth anniversary of Vaishnavite saint Srimanta Sankardeva
By NorthEast Now 07-Oct-2019
- Assam government on the occasion of 571st birth anniversary of Vaishnavite saint Srimanta Sankardeva, which will fall on 8th Oct 2019, has declared as a dry day in the state.
- In a tweet, the vice-chairperson of Assam State Anti Drug & Prohibition Council Lucky Gogoi has given this information.
- Liquor shops across the state hence will remain closed, which also happens to be Vijaya Dashami.
- The government has ordered the district administrations across the state that there should not be any sale, consumption or possession of any intoxicant.
- “Violation of this order shall be dealt with seriously under the relevant provisions of the Assam Excise Act, 2000,” the order added.
Also Read: Assam BJP chief denies from any possibility of abrogating Article 371
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know