Modi- Xi Jinping meet: Tibetan independence activists arrested in Chennai
By News Minute 07-Oct-2019
- Days ahead of the bilateral summit between PM Modi and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping, the state police have arrested nine activists along with Tibetan activist and writer Tenzin Tsundue.
- According to the police, the Tibetans had reportedly planned a protest during Premier Xi's visit to Mahabalipuram calling for the independence of the tense region under the Chinese state.
- Moreover, police have refused to state the grounds on which the arrest was done.
- Villupuram police confirmed to TNM that Tenzin was remanded after he was booked under Section 7(1)(a) of The Criminal Law Amendment Act.
- CCTV cameras have been installed across the town as well as on the outskirts for round-the-clock surveillance.
ALSO READ: ‘Nanguneri bypoll should spell the political end of ruling party’
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know