Karnataka Govt plans to redevelop Karnataka slums through PPP model
By The Times Of India 07-Oct-2019
- The state government is planning to take the PPP (public-private partnership) route to build houses for slum-dwellers.
- But, Critics of the PPP model have panned the move, saying the new policy will virtually hand over a parcel of land to private developers.
- Government has argued that the PPP model is essential to fulfil its affordable housing policy announced in 2016.
- It also seeks to construct 4 lakh houses under PPP as part of its slum redevelopment programme.
- Under the model, original slum-dwellers are likely to get houses free or at nominal rates, and others will have to shell out Rs 12 lakh for a property.
Also Read: Yediyurappa faces heavy protest during his tour of flood-ravaged North Karnataka
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know