Government to approach APERC for nod to review PPAs
By The Hindu 05-Oct-2019
- The power distribution companies (DISCOMs) are in the process of approaching the AP Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC).
- They filed a plea to accord permission for a review of the wind and solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) as directed by the HC.
- The High Court struck down the controversial government order in September last week and asked the APERC to sort out the issue within six weeks.
- Meanwhile, the power utilities are trying to get the IPPs to reduce tariffs so that the DISCOMs would recoup some losses.
- However, the government went ahead with the review of PPAs, asserting that it had the right to do so and moreover, it was being done in the public interest.
ALSO READ: Boat tragedy: ex gratia paid to kin of nine victims
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know