Congress Must Grab This Opportunity With Both Hands
By Odishatv 05-Oct-2019
- For all practical purposes the contest in Bijepur will be a duel between ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) and Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP). But for the Congress, which no more enjoys the status of state’s main opposition party, it is extremely important not only to be in the fray but to fight this by-poll battle with all sincerity.
- The bye-election has given the party the first opportunity after the general elections to test its strength and make the required course correction.
- The Congress, if it has to have any realistic hope of a revival of its fortunes in the state, must take this by-poll seriously and try to do its best.
- The party also has other reasons for trying to make a battle of Bijepur.
- The seat was won thrice in a row by former Congress MLA, Subal Sahu before it fell vacant following his death necessitating a by-poll.
- The by-election saw his wife, Rita Sahu contesting and winning the seat on BJD ticket in a major blow to the Congress whose candidate lost his security deposit.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know