Illegal immigrants is not a major problem in Karnataka: Experts on Karnataka NRC issue
By The Times Of India 04-Oct-2019
- Members of the public and activists panned the government’s plan to extend the National Register of Citizens (NRC) to Karnataka.
- NRC involves a process in which people are required to produce documents to prove that they are citizens which will be inconvenient for them, said human rights lawyer Basawa Prasad Kunale said.
- Experts said illegal immigrants were not a major concern in the state.
- Political scientist Sandeep Shastri said that the proposal seemed to be a ploy by the BJP to reap electoral dividends.
- There was a sharp backlash on social media, too, to the government’s planned NRC for Karnataka.
Also Read: After Assam, now Karnataka considering to implement NRC in the State
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know