Capt tells Channi, Randhawa to attend SGPC meeting tomorrow
By Thetribune 03-Oct-2019
- Amid face-off between the SGPC and the state government over joint celebrations of 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh has asked Cabinet Ministers Charanjit Singh Channi and Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa to attend the coordination committee meeting scheduled for October 4 at SGPC headquarters here.
- Both the ministers were designated by the CM to finalise a joint programme rising “above the party lines”.
- After skipping the panel meet twice, Randhawa and district (rural) Congress president Bhagwant Pal Singh Sachar (Channi was abroad then) represented the state government in the last meeting held on September 17 in Amritsar, but failed to reach any conclusion.
- On the other hand, SGPC president Gobind Singh Longowal said an intimation of October 4 meeting was sent to the CM on September 27, but there had been no communication till date.
- “We have no inkling as to who else will be there from the government’s side. But the meeting will be held as scheduled,” he said.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know