Gujarat to Release 158 Prisoners on Humanitarian Grounds to Mark Gandhi Jayanti
By News 18 02-Oct-2019
- On Wednesday, the Gujarat government has decided to release over 150 prisoners on humanitarian grounds to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- As many as 158 prisoners, who are eligible for remission, will be freed from jails across the state on October 2, said an official release on Tuesday.
- This decision has been taken as per the directives issued by the Centre to all states and Union Territories on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- In the recent past, the state government had released 229 eligible prisoners in two phases.
- Now, with the consent of Governor Acharya Devvrat, CM Vijay Rupani has decided to release another batch of 158 inmates on humanitarian grounds in the third phase.
Also Read: 'Vendors can sell non-judicial stamp papers till December 1': Gujarat Government
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know