Government seeks nod to erect banners for summit
By The Hindu 02-Oct-2019
- The State government has urged the Madras HC to grant it permission to erect flex boards, to welcome PM Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping for the summit at Mamallapuram near here on October 11 and 12.
- Adv. General Vijay Narayan made a special mention before a Division Bench of Justices M. Sathyanarayanan and N. Seshasayee on Tuesday.
- Later in the day, Commissioner of Municipal Administration K. Baskaran filed an affidavit of undertaking in the court, on behalf of the Chief Secretary.
- Similarly, the State government too, through the Directorate of Information and Public Relations, wanted to erect flex boards from Chennai airport to Mamallapuram.
- “The strictest standards of safety will be maintained,” he added and pointed out that there was no necessity on the part of the Centre or the State government to obtain a licence for erection of such flex boards on government land.
ALSO READ: ‘Tamil resonates in America now,’ PM Modi tells gathering in Chennai
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know