Hundreds turned back as Meghalaya, Mizoram intensify checking post NRC
By Hindustan Times 30-Sep-2019
- Mizoram Aand Mizoram on their borders with Assam has strengthened security at checkpoints after the updation of NRC.
- Hundreds have been turned back in Meghalaya as inner line permit violators are caught by police.
- “From September 1 to till September 26, 1,241 persons were detected without valid documents," said Meghalaya’s SP (anti-infiltration) Sylvester Nongtnger.
- Nongtnger said officials manning the check gates check for NRC status or other valid documents before allowing people to enter the state.
- “This is being done to make sure illegal immigrants do not enter the state,” he said.
ALSO READ: Meghalaya to Enforce Residents Safety Act Vigorously to Check Illegal Immigration
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know