Estate Office demand for unearned profit set aside
By Thetribune 30-Sep-2019
- Finance Secretary Ajoy Kumar Sinha, while exercising the power of the Chief Administrator under the Capital of Punjab (Development and Regulation) Act has quashed an order of the Estate Office (EO) demanding Rs 77.35 lakh on account of misuse and unearned profit in respect of a house in Milk Colony, Dhanas, while terming it “arbitrary”.
- The order will have a far-reaching effect as the Chief Administrator directed the EO to bring likeness in all plot transfer cases of Dhanas where he observed that the Estate Officer transferred several plots without claiming unearned profit.
- The case also highlights the harassment residents face at the hands of the Estate Office officials.
- SDM, while exercising the power of the Estate Officer, issued two notices on October 30, 2015, and March 29, 2016, to pay Rs 77,35,946 on account of misuse charges and unearned profit in respect of plot number 275 at Milk Colony, Dhanas.
- The SDM also asked her to pay stamp duty.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know