Govt notifies welfare scheme for construction workers
By Thetribune 30-Sep-2019
- Accepting the recommendations of the Punjab Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board, the Punjab government has issued a notification, as conveyed by the Union Government, to implement the Model Welfare Scheme for the registered construction workers in the state.
- Since the model code of conduct for byelections is in place, construction workers of Ludhiana, Kapurthala, Hoshiarpur and Fazilka districts will have to wait for a few weeks.
- The board has adopted both Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana under which building and other construction workers or their nominees will get an insurance coverage of Rs2 lakh in case of a natural death and Rs4 lakh in case of an accidental death, along with disability benefits.
- It has also adopted the Ayushman Bharat Scheme of the Union Government, giving it an additional name of Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Scheme for Punjab.
- Under this, workers and their family members will get a medical insurance coverage of Rs5 lakh for cashless treatment from the empanelled hospitals.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know