Bhagat Singh yet to get his due: Minister
By Thetribune 29-Sep-2019
- Cooperation and Jails Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa said today that it was disheartening that while Pakistan had named a chowk after Shaheed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh, our country had still not accorded the status of martyr to him.
- The minister said this while addressing a gathering on the occasion of 112th birth anniversary of Bhagat Singh at his ancestral village Khatkar Kalan near here today.
- Paying tributes to the martyr, the minister said it was high time that Shaheed Bhagat Singh be given martyr status instead of being called rebels.
- Expressing anguish at the non-inclusion of freedom fighters from Punjab in the names written at Andaman and Nicobar Jail, he said the jail was named Kalapani only because of Punjabi freedom fighters being confined there.
- He said he had even written to the Union government expressing his anguish.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know