To belie Cong claim, YAD man buys chitta, gets peddler nabbed
By Thetribune 29-Sep-2019
- In an apparent bid to embarrass the Capt Amarinder Singh government by proving its claim of snapping the drug trade supply chain wrong, a Youth Akali Dal functionary accompanied by five others purchased a dose of ‘chitta’ (heroin) from a peddler in Sunam, rode 25 km to the Sangrur Police Lines before handing it over to a police officer there.
- Senior officers alerted the Crime Investigation Agency (CIA), which conducted raids and arrested the peddler with 20 gm of the contraband.
- “I had been receiving complaints from youngsters of ‘chitta’ being sold in Sunam. We got raids conducted several times in the past, but each time the peddlers escaped.
- On Friday, we decided to go to Sunam and buy ‘chitta’. We bought the drug for Rs 700,” said Harman Singh, vice-president (Malwa zone-2) of the YAD.
- “After reaching the Police Lines, we showed the drug to a police officer and he took us to SSP Dr Sandeep Garg. After hearing us, the SSP directed the CIA to take action,” he said.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know