One nation, one election to save time and money: Election Commissioner Sushil Chadra
By Dna 29-Sep-2019
- Simultaneous elections to Lok Sabha and all state legislative assemblies will result in the prevention of wastage of human and financial resources, Election Commissioner Sushil Chadra said here on Saturday.
- He drew attention to the fact that elections were held in this manner till the first 20 years of the country's independence and it is high time that the practice that was discontinued half a century ago is revived again.
- Chandra said the idea has found favour with the Law Commission, which has submitted its report in 2018. Even Parliamentary Committee and the Election Commission has given a go-ahead, but it requires more debate among political parties and other stakeholders in the country.
- Chandra addressed a gathering on 'One Nation One Election' at Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) on Saturday.
- His basic contention was that elections at regular intervals keep engaged the national election watchdog, paramilitary forces as well as administrative machinery of states and the centre.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know