EC postpones Karnataka bye-elections to December 5
By The Times Of India 28-Sep-2019
- The Election Commission postponed the bye-elections to 15 Assembly constituencies in Karnataka to December 5 and the results will be declared on December 9.
- The bye-polls were originally scheduled for October 21, with the counting planned for October 24.
- However, the EC informed the Supreme Court that it would defer the bypolls since the plea against 15 disqualified MLAs was pending in court.
- The bench will hear the case next on October 22.
- The polls are crucial for the survival of the BS Yediyurappa-led Bharatiya Janata Party government in Karnataka.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know