Sacrilege case: Akali Dal accuses Amarinder of creating confusion
By Indianexpress 28-Sep-2019
- Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday accused Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh of indulging in “flip-flops” and “creating confusion” in the Sikh community over the sensitive sacrilege issue.
- Badal asked the chief minister to tell people that the previous SAD-BJP government had referred the sacrilege case to the CBI only in response to the strong and persistent demand for this by the Amarinder-led Congress in state.
- He was referring to Chief Minister Amarinder Singh’s comment on Thursday that the state government has no faith in the CBI.
- This came after the probe agency on Wednesday told a Mohali court that that a new special investigation team will probe the desecration of religious texts in Bargari.
- Amarinder Singh has accused the Centre of pressuring the CBI at the behest of the Badals, who led the previous government in the state, and said they would not allow them prevent the investigation from going back to the Punjab Police.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know