No faith in CBI over Bargari: Capt
By Thetribune 27-Sep-2019
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh said today that the state had no faith in the CBI in the matter of the Bargari sacrilege case probe, and his government would not, at any cost, allow the Badals to prevent the investigations from going back to the Punjab Police.
- Even as the state government formally contested in court the CBI’s decision to hand over the Bargari investigation to a Special Investigation Team (SIT), the Chief Minister said the CBI, clearly acting under pressure from the Central Government at the behest of the Badals, was quite obviously trying to stop the probe from going forward.
- The Chief Minister also came down heavily on the Akali leadership, particularly Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal, saying that she should either persuade the Centre to send the case back to the state or should resign.
- Joining the issue, Punjab Cooperation Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa reacted strongly to the decision of the CBI to constitute the SIT to further probe the cases of sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib.
- This was a clear case of contempt of the state VIdhan Sabha that had unanimously resolved to withdraw this sensitive probe from the Central agency.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know