Maharashtra Sadan Scam: Chhagan Bhujbal questions ACB's move to add section 409
By Dna 27-Sep-2019
- Nationalist Congress Party leader and former deputy chief minister Chhagan Bhujbal has questioned the timing of the Maharashtra Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) to invoke section 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servants) and section 418 (cheating with knowledge that may cause wrongful loss) against him in connection with Maharashtra Sadan scam.
- Section 409 has a provision of life imprisonment and section 418 envisages three-year imprisonment.
- Bhujbal is accused of misusing his post as the state PWD minister and indulging in money laundering.
- ACB has submitted draft charges against Bhujbal and 14 others in the special ACB court on September 24.
- ACB's move comes at a time when the Enforcement Directorate has filed case against NCP chief Sharad Pawar in connection with the Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank.
- Further, ACB's timing is also crucial as the polling for the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly is slated for October 21. Bhujbal is seeking re-lection from Yeola assembly constituency in Nashik district.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know