Mizoram party to challenge ECI notice over Bru refugees
By The New Indian Express 26-Sep-2019
- An anti-corruption watchdog-turned-political party in Mizoram will challenge a notification of the ECI in the HC that declared Bru refugees as “ordinary residents” of Mizoram.
- PRISM, is currently on a signature campaign to mobilize public opinions against the ECI notification.
- PRISM president Vanlalruata said the Brus of western Mizoram had “migrated” to Tripura in 1998 and they didn't take part in Mizoram elections then.
- In the Mizoram elections of that year as well as that of 2003, they did not take part in voting. However, the ECI declared them as ordinary,he said.
- “The ECI is not the competent authority to declare any section as ordinary residents,” Vanlalruata said.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know