State Government takes initiative towards better health for tea tribe community
- Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal formally launched the Free Drugs Scheme for 651 Tea Garden Hospitals of the State.
- Launching the scheme, the chief minister said most of the tea garden hospitals could not provide medicines to the patients of the tea tribe community.
- For this, schemes like Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) service in 442 tea gardens with 80 MMU vehicles and wage compensation of Rs 12,000 are being launched.
- An amount of Rs 20 crore would be spent every year for the scheme.
- Sonowal also highlighted schemes of the State Government like free rice to the tea tribes’ community.
Also Read: Poshan Rath programme starts with the aim of creating nutrition awareness