‘Drug supply chain smashed, final assault is on’
By Thetribune 24-Sep-2019
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on a host of issues, including the promises that have been fulfilled and what are the government’s priorities for the remaining term.
- I had said I will break the backbone of the drug business within a few weeks and I have done that.
- Over 12,000 have been put behind bars and our teams have secured at least 3,600 convictions. Efforts are on to root out the problem completely.
- This is evident from the data available in public domain. Our special investigation team (SIT) has filed 31,081 cases against drug suppliers and 38,117 persons have been arrested so far.
- Punjab continues to be a big market for drugs and alarmingly, the drug habits of youth have changed too. Instead of traditional ‘bhang’ and opium, youth are now hooked to synthetic drugs.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know