‘Drug supply chain smashed, final assault is on’
Also Read: Maan gets flak for ‘one nation, one language’ quip
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on a host of issues, including the promises that have been fulfilled and what are the government’s priorities for the remaining term.
- I had said I will break the backbone of the drug business within a few weeks and I have done that.
- Over 12,000 have been put behind bars and our teams have secured at least 3,600 convictions. Efforts are on to root out the problem completely.
- This is evident from the data available in public domain. Our special investigation team (SIT) has filed 31,081 cases against drug suppliers and 38,117 persons have been arrested so far.
- Punjab continues to be a big market for drugs and alarmingly, the drug habits of youth have changed too. Instead of traditional ‘bhang’ and opium, youth are now hooked to synthetic drugs.