Disqualified MLAs can't be deprived from contesting Disqualified MLAs can't be deprived from contesting: SC
By The Times Of India 24-Sep-2019
- The Election Commission told the Supreme Court that it has no objection to them contesting the October 21 bypolls.
- Three member bench headed by Justice NV Ramana took up a batch petitions filed by 17 disqualified legislators.
- EC counsel Rakesh Dwivedi told the court the poll body sees no reason to stay the polls and disqualification doesn’t bar a person from contesting elections.
- Citing the precedents set by Tamil Nadu and other states, he future added the EC has no objection to the candidature of disqualified legislators in the bypolls.
- Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar disqualified 14 rebel legislators – 11 from the Congress and three from the Janata Dal (S) – who played important role to collapse JD(S)-Congress government.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know