Gujarat needs to implement amended Motor Vehicle Act in totality: Experts
By Dna 24-Sep-2019
- Experts at a panel discussion on Gujarat's ability to meet the road safety target by mid- 2020 said that the state needs to fully implement the enforcement related provision of the Motor Vehicle Amendment Act in the coming months if it is to achieve the same.
- The experts said that there was a need to pay attention to a host of problems including road design, need for data, enforcement and innovative approaches to reduce accidents.
- Dr Pravin Kanabar of the Ahmedabad Traffic Consultative Committee said that the target to reduce fatalities by half by 2020 is just a dream and doesn't seem to be achievable.
- "It is sad that Gujarat has reduced the penalties and even gave extensions for several rules including helmet. We need to create awareness.
- He said the government had in a long time shown the political will to address the problem and within days of implementing the Act has gone on to dilute it by giving extensions and reducing penalties.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know