'NCP Keen on Alliance with VBA for Maharashtra Polls': Ajit Pawar Expresses Hope to Bring Together 'Like-Minded People'
By News18 23-Sep-2019
- Senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar has said his party would like to forge an alliance with the Prakash Ambedkar-led Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi (VBA) for the next month's Maharashtra Assembly elections.
- The VBA contested the Lok Sabha polls held earlier this year independently. As a result, the Congress-NCP alliance and the VBA suffered losses, Pawar said. "We are (now) trying to bring together like-minded people. We would also like to have an alliance with VBA," he said addressing a gathering here on Sunday evening.
- The former state deputy chief minister said out of the total eight Assembly seats in Pune city, the NCP will contest four and the Congress-three.
- Discussion is on for the remaining one seat and there is a possibility that it may be given to another ally, he said.
- Pawar said many NCP activists are keen on contesting the Assembly polls, "but we can give tickets only to a limited number of aspirants".
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know