Cong mulls ticket for Babbi’s kin, Mukerian leaders upset
- Even as the Congress is yet to announce the candidates for the byelections to the four Assembly segments of Jalalabad, Phagwara, Dhaka and Mukerian, its leaders in Mukerian today raised a banner revolt over the report that the party was mulling to field a family member of deceased MLA Rajneesh Kumar Babbi.
- There are reports that leaders want to give the ticket either to Babbi’s son Sabhya Sachi or wife Indu Kaundal.
- Uniting on one platform, the leaders, led by former block president Tarsem Minhas, former president of Mukerian nagar council Manglesh Kumar Judge, besides others have sought attention of the Chief Minister and PPCC chief Sunil Jakhar towards the neglect of workers in the constituency.
Also Read: BJP’s Som Parkash wants ticket for wife, Sampla son
- Manglesh said the party had trailed by 38,000 votes from the Mukerian segment in the recently held Lok Sabha polls from Hoshiarpur seat.
- For Dakha, leaders are learnt to have agreed on the name of Capt Sandeep Sandhu.