Capt wants Centre to come up with policy to fight drugs
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Friday urged Union Home Minister Amit Shah to immediately formulate a national drug policy to combat the menace in a holistic manner.
- In his address at the 29th Northern Zonal Council meeting chaired by Shah here, Amarinder sought support from the Centre on formulation of a comprehensive drug policy.
Also read: Bypolls to 4 assembly seats in Punjab: At halfway mark, AAP struggles with depleting voter base
- He pointed out that the first and the foremost challenge before the states was to tackle the menace of drug addiction.
- He said the Chief Ministers of the region had met earlier in July this year to come up with a common agenda and resolved to take firm, coordinated action against drug addiction.
- He said the step would go a long way in paying tributes to the martyr and iconic revolutionary in a befitting manner besides respecting the sentiments of people of Punjab.