NSBSO to demonstrate against LSHEP during CM's visit
- NSBSO will stage a demonstration before Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal when he visits North Lakhimpur on Monday.
- NSBSO is an umbrella organization of various bodies opposing the Lower Subansiri Hydro-Electric Power Project (LSHEP) at Gerukamukh.
- In a release issued to the media on Friday, the NSBO said, “National Hydro-electrical Power Corporation (NHPC)’s decision to restart the dam construction is condemnable.”
- NSBSO was referring to the stand taken by Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on hydro-electric projects in the state.
- Khandu recently scrapped 22 hydro-electrical power projects in the state citing safety reasons.
Also Read: CM lays foundation for various development project at Dibrugarh’s Bindhakata