Mizoram: health minister inaugurates health and wellness centre
Also read: Mizoram’s civil society group request Bru families to repatriate
- Mizoram health and family welfare minister Dr R Lalthangliana, inaugurated the Health & Wellness Centre at Zembawk.
- The event was also attended by the CEO of Jhpiego, an NGO affiliated with Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
- Jhpiego is in partnership with Ayushman Bharat in improving healthcare in the country.
- Dr R Lalthangliana highlighted the achievements of Mizoram in the healthcare sector and also pointed at the reduction of IMR from 37 in 2010 to 15 in 2019.
- The minister also stated that Mizoram is first among small states in the latest health index released by NITI Aayog.